The City of Centerville provides many quality services. They range from essential daily operations to special events, such as the annual city-wide garage sale.
Services are provided by city staff, contract professionals, integrity organizations, and a multitude of community volunteers.
These combined efforts help ensure a safe, efficient, and responsive structure for serving Centerville's residents and businesses. Their efforts also find ways to reduce the costs without sacrificing quality.
Safety! What could be more important to anyone's peace of mind? Centerville has one of the lowest crime rates in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. It's served by well-trained and committed professionals and volunteers. Centerville's police and fire protection services are provided by the following:
- Owned and operated by a joint powers agreement between the cities of Centerville and Circle Pines.
- Served by a full-time fire chief and volunteer fire fighters
- Fire prevention programs in the schools
- Owned and operated by a joint powers agreement between the cities of Centerville, Lexington and Circle Pines.
- Full 24-hour protection
- Crime prevention programs, such as the Neighborhood Crime Watch
Special Community Representatives
Residents and business people also provide leadership in the community by volunteering their time and expertise. These positions include:
Advisory members for the:
- Economic Development Authority (EDA)
- Parks and Recreation Committee
- Planning and Zoning Commission
In 1993, Centerville proudly opened its new City Hall. The larger, modern facility better accommodates the needs of people seeking or providing city services. Centerville employs a small staff of hard-working, competent people who adjust well to the demands of a growing city. These people provide services in the following areas:
- Headed by the City Administrator
Public Works Department
- Municipal water
- Sanitary sewer
- Street maintenance
- Park maintenance
Centerville is an award-winning city for recycling. Information and materials regarding recycling are available at City Hall or contact Republic Services at 952-941-5174.