Household Hazardous Waste Facility

This facility is no charge to Anoka County Residents. Residents dropping materials off at the site must provide proof of county residency, such as a driver's license.

When you arrive at the facility:

  1. Drive around to the back of the building. 
  2. Please remain in your vehicle until a technician assists you.

Safe Transportation Tips

  • Do not mix products. Separate wastes that could react (for example, acids and pesticides).
  • Seal containers tightly to prevent leaks. Place any leaking containers into another container, such as a plastic bucket with a secure lid.
  • Place containers upright in sturdy boxes to prevent tipovers and spills in your vehicle.

What to Bring to the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility

Automotive Products

  • Carburetor Cleaner
  • Degreasers 
  • Fuel (gasoline, kerosene) 
  • Petroleum-based waxes and finishes
  • Used motor oil, oil filters and antifreeze

Household Products

  • Aerosol cans with product remaining
  • Concrete Cleaner (acid)
  • Drain and Oven Cleaner
  • Mercury Fever Thermometers
  • Mothballs
  • Nail Polish Remover 
  • Spot Removers (certain types)

Lawn & Garden Products

  • Ant, Bug, Roach and Rodent Killer
  • Bug Spray
  • Charcoal Lighter Fluid
  • Pool Chemicals
  • Weed Killer

Home Improvement Products

  • Driveway Sealer
  • Paint that has not dried out and other liquid finishes
  • Mercury Thermostats
  • Paint Stripper
  • Paint Thinner
  • Turpentine
  • Petroleum-based Adhesives
  • Roofing Tar
  • Wood Preservatives

Caution Words

Other household products that are labeled with any of the following words:

  • Caution
  • Combustible
  • Corrosive
  • Danger
  • Flammable
  • Inflammable
  • Poison
  • Toxi 
  • Warning

Whenever possible, dry out latex paint and latex adhesives and put them in your garbage. Leave the lids off cans.

Businesses, organizations, and schools may not bring hazardous waste to the facility. Call Anoka County Environmental Health Services at 763-324-4260.

For Farm Pesticides, call the Waste Pesticide Hotline at 651-297-4870

The Household Hazardous Waste facility now accepts ammunition, household batteries, and fluorescent lamps from Anoka County residents.